All My Life I've Had.....

Me.

I am my consistent friend, foe, angel and demon.
Been in crossroads where I was left cross-eyed because of the trouble I left me in. Stay taking L's and hoping I'll win.
Not use to "we" moments because I'm so used to "me" moments.
Never mind the fear made because of the graves dug.
Drowning in my private ocean when I just needed to swim.
Forgot my floaties and had to rely on them....
28 years old and I'm struggling with my dark side.
Sitting in my room, with my soul stuck outside.
Not gonna lie, as hard as I try; feeling like I'm ultimately going to fail.
Living in Atlanta like I'm 3 steps from hell where I watch Her cook up the pot and I wait for my plate.
Started early this year and I'mma stay late.
Keeping low while getting high to cope so in my airspace.
Lemme start my humble pie after I finish saying my Grace.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cracks in the glass ceiling.....

How do you feel when you look in the mirror? Regaining one self-confidence.

Beyhive = We LIE