Last Man Standing

My dad died yesterday.....

I got the news today.

How do I feel?

Numb, not the numbness felt when you hate someone. But the numbness felt when for the first 15 years of experience; everyday was a painful reminder that you were brought into the world alone and that's essentially the same way you'll go out.

Phillip Augustus Holmes, was a talented man, a loving husband and a doting father.

He taught me how to fish, how to care for dogs and gave me a taste of my old school music.

While I was young when I knew him; I'll never forget the time spent at his house listening to records and getting in trouble for opening collectors edition Hot Wheels cars. I remember getting my hair cut (an army crew cut) by him. I remember him introducing me to his wife (Barbara Holiday - who never got the title she deserved.)

All this to say, we are committed to the earth. We are born from clay; and to clay we must return.....

Ashes to ashes; dust to dust.

Rest in Peace and Quiet Father.

You've earned your wings.....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cracks in the glass ceiling.....

How do you feel when you look in the mirror? Regaining one self-confidence.

Beyhive = We LIE