Revenge

" In order to lose I needed to win; in order to win I needed to choose
I needed to fall, I needed to choose
I couldn't be safe, I couldn't be you
I'm coming for everything they said that I couldn't
Including your plate and all of your food....."

-Joyner Lucas (Revenge)

Not to brag about the things that I have done, because let some tell it; I haven't done enough. But put it simply: I'm out for blood.....

As a preteen, I was told that I was going to be a statistic, I'd end up like my mother, dead or in jail.

And for the longest time I renounced the premise, I swore to God that I wouldn't be any more than what I want to be. Not anything that I wouldn't won't my kids to be.....

And it worked, I've developed a certain muscle memory against it. I subconsciously work towards the "better side". The only reason I put it in quotation because I know that it's not the most lucrative way.

But I'm not going to jail, I don't like shared spaces, absolutely confinement or schedules. Hell, I can't commit to my work schedule! 😂 I also can't interpret the reality of not having my choice of music to listen to.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cracks in the glass ceiling.....

How do you feel when you look in the mirror? Regaining one self-confidence.

Beyhive = We LIE