Alone vs. Lonely: the difference

So recently I was on YouTube, and a YouTuber named BugattiBeez was talking about the difference between being Alone and being Lonely.

While they seem similar, in definition and usage sometimes (the same way effected and affected can be confused) there are some differences:

a) Being left Alone means that you a preference on who or what you CHOOSE to interact with at the time of acknowledgement.

b) Being lonely means that you have no desire or reason to connect with anyone else whether you are with a group of friends or family. Or even if you have your phone in your hand and are scrolling through your contacts to see who's available and not wanting to reach out.

I realize that I enjoy being by myself. I have more options for what I can do with my time; because it's exactly that, MY. TIME. I have free will to choose whether or not I want to do something tonight or tomorrow and what I want to eat (if anything).

But being lonely is where true emptiness comes in. That's when you're not comfortable being with anyone and you hate being by yourself. I think it's a form of depression. You aren't trying to reach out and you're not happy by yourself.

How do I know?

Because I'm like this sometimes, I sometimes feel like there isn't a person I can relate to. Kinda why I started this blog.

But if you are reading this and you want to talk about anything. I'm here.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cracks in the glass ceiling.....

How do you feel when you look in the mirror? Regaining one self-confidence.

Beyhive = We LIE